-- Closed-toe shoes and sweaty feet are a recipe for foot odor and infection. Your feet start to smell when the bacteria on your skin and in your shoes consume your sweat, says Cleveland Clinic.
To avoid stinky feet, Cleveland Clinic suggests:
- Soak your feet in a mixture of Epsom salt and water.
- Wash your feet thoroughly when showering. Scrub between the toes.
- Keep your feet dry after bathing, soaking or swimming.
- Choose socks made of cotton and shoes made of natural materials, such as leather.
- Disinfect your shoes with a general-purpose disinfectant.
- Use an over-the-counter foot antiperspirant.